So, I am DEFINITELY that type most people loathe in the mornings. I immediately wake up, fully alert, and ready to go. I am always in a good mood and I never have trouble waking up. If my alarm is set for 3:00am, no problem! My usual wake up time is anywhere between 5am and 6am. If I wake up after 6, I feel like that is sleeping in and it is highly unusual for me. I can go to bed at 2:00am and I will still wake up early!
How long have I been like this? Hmm, I would said at least 5 years. While I was finishing up my chemistry degree, I would wake up around 4:30 every morning to get work done and study. My body adapted so well, it has been like that ever since.
You see, my creative juices are at their highest early in the morning. Thoughts and ideas are just racing out of my brain when I wake up. I can get some serious work done by lunch. In fact, most of my work is done in that time. My family jokes with me that I am like an elderly woman…wake up, have coffee, eat breakfast, take a walk, stretch, work time. Every morning…even on vacations. Oh and yes, that is my favorite coffee mug below! Make sure you follow me on instagram where all these pictures were posted 🙂
Here are my reasons why I LOVE being a morning person:
1. Sunrises. To me, there is nothing more gorgeous than a sunrise. It is truly God’s glory shining through.
2. In the summer, mornings are the coolest part of the day. We are slowly encroaching on those 100+ Texas summer days, but the mornings are still beautiful and enjoyable.
3. The house is quite. It is the best time to peacefully gather your thoughts, read your Bible, and begin the day without distraction. Even my sweet bulldog, Ruger, is still sleeping away. He doesn’t get up until at least 8:00am, and once he does…he requires all the attention in the world 🙂
4. Grocery shopping is the best in the morning. Especially if you need to go to walmart! In my town, we have H-E-B, Kroger, and Walmart. If I desperately need to go to walmart, I refuse to go after about 9:00am, it is terrible! But it is sparse and peaceful in the early morning.
5. Crossing off the To-Do List. Getting my tasks done in the morning, leave the afternoon open for enjoyment, cooking, baking, gardening, or whatever I choose. It just makes the day more productive for me!
6. Last but not least, sometimes my sweet husband has to work overtime, and he will get off around 5:00am. If I am waking up at that time, we love going to a diner for breakfast and coffee. Perfect date for us 😉
Are you are morning person? If so, what do you love about it? Or do hate mornings with a passion?? Tell me all about it!