This mocha french press cold brew coffee recipe will change your life!
Cold brew has recently become all the rage for coffee lovers because it has such a smooth flavor. Cold brew coffee is never heated, so the acidity level is much less than regular brewed coffee. And having less acidity means it is easier on the stomach.
First, let’s talk about how to make cold brew coffee in your french press! Then, I will share a super easy mocha cold brew recipe. Using a french press for cold brew is probably my favorite at home methods because it requires no other equipment.
- 1/3 cup – 1/2 cup ground coffee (your favorite)
- 12 oz of water
For stronger coffee go with 1/2 cup.
1. Add your coffee grounds to the french press, pour over the water.
2. Put the french press to the fridge overnight (8-12 hours).
3. Press down the plunger slowly and pour into a jar you can keep in the fridge. Now you can use it for anything you want!
Now for this delicious mocha french press cold brew recipe (which is amazing)…
- 1/2 cup of french press cold brew**
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or your favorite)
- 1/2 tsp homemade chocolate extract**
- 1-2 tsp sweetener
- Fill a glass with ice, then add 1/2 cup of cold brew. If you like it strong, add up to 3/4 cup cold brew.
- Add 1/2 cup almond milk, or your favorite type of milk.
- Add in the extract and sweetener, stir and enjoy!
- ** The amount of cold brew is up to you. I like about half and half, but you can increase to 3/4 cup.
- ** See post below for chocolate extract. You can also substitute chocolate syrup if you don't have the extract. Increase to about 2 tsp for that.
Be sure to read this post about making your own chocolate extract! It adds the perfect amount of chocolate flavor. Is your extract not finished yet? Chocolate syrup is a good substitute for the extract.
Chocolate syrup isn’t as strong, you may need a few teaspoons or more. This cold brew has such a delicious and smooth flavor, it barely needs anything added to it.
This recipe tastes best with maple syrup or coconut sugar as the sweetener. If you want to make the best regular french press coffee, you can read my tips on this post!
Another at home method for cold brew is this one using jars and coffee filters .
For Blended Cold Brew: