This post may contain affiliate links. These help support this website.
It is no secret that popcorn is literally my favorite food. If I had to choose only one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would totally be popcorn! I love how fun it is to eat also.
Kettle corn is a fun way to have popcorn too especially for an after dinner treat. Have you ever had fresh kettle corn from the fair? OMG, it is heavenly!
So, I made this little bars years ago and totally forgot about them until I was cleaning out some old notebooks in the kitchen and saw my chicken scratch written down on the paper. I actually used butter and some other less healthy ingredients at the time, so I thought it would be fun to modernize these into a better, healthier treat that my husband can eat too! Since he can’t eat dairy at all, I swapped out the butter also!
This is very similar in theory to making rice crispy treats, except there are no marshmallows or butter. The honey and sugar make a nice sticky texture that make all these fun ingredients stick together.
These no bake kettle corn bars are so fun to eat and snack on. I showed a little sneak peak of these on snapchat (alexisroch) and a few people asked what they were and wanted the recipe, so here it is 🙂
Healthy No Bake Kettle Corn Bars
- 4 cups of kettle corn, popped
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/4 dairy-free chocolate chips
- 3/8 cup of honey
- 1/2 coconut sugar (can use regular, but decrease the amount by about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp maple extract
- Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small pot, add the honey, sugar, salt and extract, then mix together over medium heat until the sugar is melted. It will be a nice brown color like below!
3. Meanwhile, combined all the other dry ingredients until incorporated.
4. Add in the honey mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together (with your hands!) until all the dry ingredients are thoroughly coated!
**Note here: It may seem like there isn’t enough honey mixture to coat this, but there will be. It will seem a little dry, just keep smashing everything together. It firms up good in the fridge!
5. Now, add all of this to your 8×8 pan and smash down around the sides (like your are making rice crispy treats). Refrigerate 3-4 hours or until firm!
These last about a day in my house lol. My husband is in love with them!
I hope you get to make these soon because they are so good and it is really hard to mess them up too!
Anyone else a popcorn lover?