It’s the first Friday post of September! I’ve said it before, but I really cannot believe how fast summer went by. Technically it is still the summer season, but in spirit, it is gone. Now, on to my favorite things from this week. This week was full of interesting surprises and blessings!
1. If you follow me on instagram (if you don’t, I’d love for your to 😉 ), you probably saw this picture. I typically walk around the neighborhood in the mornings, but my hubby was off the other day, so we went to the park instead. It was a beautiful morning, and I could just sense fall in the air. There were so many leaves on the ground, it even looked like fall! Of course, these were dead leaves from the Texas heat,but it still counts!
2. Fall decorating has slowly begun! I typically wait until the first official day of fall to decorate, but I was too excited to dive in this year. I just started on the mantel this week. This is just a sneak peak of the beginning, but I will show you all the details soon!
3. Everyone has to have a weekly dose of Ruger! This boy is absolutely obsessed with balls, but when he finds a baseball, his life is complete. We stopped by my mom’s house a few days ago, and she had this ball waiting for him in the house. He carried it around with him everywhere he went that day. Even outside to go to the bathroom, he would NOT let it go! New toys are his favorite 🙂
4. Now that is is socially acceptable to start using pumpkin, my favorite recipe this week was definitely these fluffy pumpkin spice cookies. I made them again yesterday because they go fast! They are so good for you too, but they are delicious. I enjoyed these warm with some tea and it was the perfect morning treat! Also, in case you missed it, my Copycat Starbucks S’more Frap was on Monday.
5. Last Friday, I mentioned that my computer crashed and while it was being repaired, they shattered the screen. I’ve been going old school writing stuff down and working from my painfully slow laptop …but I found out yesterday that they will be buying me a new one! So, now I just have to wait for it come in. Great news to end the week…God works in mysterious ways and this new computer will be such a blessing!
What are your plans for the long weekend? Nothing special here, just relaxing and finishing up fall decorations!