This post may contain affiliate links. These help support this website.
These are the BEST oatmeal raisin cookies you will ever make at home! I have tried dozens of oatmeal raisin cookie recipes, but this base is always a fan favorite. I have added in some of my own touches to make them a little more special and fun! I also wanted to add in some of my chemist tips for baking these to perfection.
How you actually bake it, is the most important step to a cookie. People buy cookies from me all the time and they always say that my cookies have the best texture and flavor. The texture is purely how you bake it:) So, today I am going to give a little bit of a sneak peak into my baking tips.
This recipe is very similar to the ones I sale to customers and they love it!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp maple extract (this makes it awesome!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 stick butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dry cranberries
- 1/2 finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure out dry ingredients in a small bowl, combine well and set aside.
- In a larger bowl (or mixer), cream the butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in your extract and combine.
- Next, add in one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Slowly add in your dry mixture. Mix until JUST combined, don't over mix.
- Add in your raisins, cranberries, and pecans by hand.
- With a small cookie scoop, add to a baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack! Make sure to read my notes on baking!
- Adding maple extract gives these cookies a more rich flavor and it combines with nutmeg perfectly!
- Take the cookies out when they edges are golden brown, but the center is still soft! Underbaking these will make them more soft & chewy. They will harden up as they cool!
- Use butter that is just a little softened. If it is completely room temperature, these cookies will flatten too much!
- Update: MUST READ TIPS FOR THE PERFECT COOKIE!!!
I highly recommend getting some of these air bake cookie sheets also! I don’t use anything else for cookies anymore. They keep the bottom from burning and they also help the cookie cook evenly. Since it is an air bake sheet, add another 30 seconds to a minute onto your cook time 🙂
My family loves these the best, they are seriously the BEST Oatmeal Raisin Cookies because the flavor is so rich. Perfect for this time of year!
So, I would love to know…What is your favorite cookie?